Hey all and welcome to my blog! My name is Erin and today is the first three days of my thirty day food challenge.
Rules of the Challenge:
Make meals only with food already in your home
Keep new food purchases to staples only (ie. milk, bread, eggs)
No going out for meals/getting take out
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp chai spice
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, spices, and salt in one bowl
- In another bowl mix together the eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, apple sauce, olive oil, milk, and chocolate chips
- Combine both bowls together
- Fill muffin liners ¾ full and bake at 350℉ for 25-30 minutes
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the muffin pans to a cooling rack.
*These will be denser than your usual muffin since we are using whole wheat flour and reduced sugar, but I prefer that texture. If you want them fluffier use all-purpose flour and replace the apple sauce with white sugar.
The original unmodified recipe I used to construct my recipe
Watch the original video where this appears, below.