A critique helps your manuscript improve by pointing out unnecessary scenes or exposition, inconsistencies with characters, confusing dialogue or world building, etc. It is an honest and thoughtful look at your manuscript to see what’s working and what isn’t. If you want to make sure your story is on the right track, then a critique can be the perfect option for you.
Basic PackageFirst 10 Pages
- The basic package is going to focus on your introduction of the main character, the setting, and possibly your inciting incident if it occurs within this limit.
Intermediate PackageFirst 50 Pages
- The intermediate package is going to focus on everything included in the basic package, as well as your hook. The evaluative points – plot, pacing, character development, writing style, and world building will all be assessed. Is your story progressing? Are readers invested? What are the stakes?
Advanced PackageFirst 100 Pages
- The advanced package is going to focus on everything from the intermediate package as well as a thorough look at your story so far. Is the conflict clear? Are your characters growing? How’s your pacing?
Premium PackageFull Manuscript*
- The premium package is going to evaluate your novel as a whole. All aspects from the other packages will be included, but within the context of how the story is resolved. Are all your plotlines resolved? Did your characters grow and change? Was the conflict resolved in a satisfying manner? What are the strengths and weaknesses of your manuscript. The Sensitivity Reading package can be added to this for an additional $100.
Sensitivity Reading Only*Full Manuscript
- I also offer sensitivity reading for LGBTQIA+ topics. An additional fee of $100 USD would apply if included with the Premium Package. If you are purchasing a sensitivity read separately, the fee is $250 USD.
“Erin delivers some of the most thorough and thoughtful critiques I’ve ever received”
She manages to make the process both eye-opening and completely painless; I actually find myself looking forward to her feedback and tackling the issues she points out. I feel so much more confident in my manuscript after Erin’s had her hands on it.
Jenna Moreci, Best Selling Author of The Savior’s Champion
“Erin is so easy to work with.”
Her approach is kind and gentle, guiding rather than expecting. She is more than happy to work with you on any further problems, explain the reasoning behind any suggestions she has made and provide insight as a reader and an author. Her critique showed me issues I had completely missed! If you choose to work Erin, you will not be disappointed!
Dahlia Burroughs, Author and Editor
“Erin’s critique helped me see my work in ways I hadn’t considered before.”
She’s super sweet, and even though she let me know everything wrong with my piece, she was always sure to point out the parts she liked, too! Working with her was a positive, educational experience, and I hope I can work with her again in the future.
Gloria Russell, Writer and Blogger
“Erin was extremely helpful to me by providing an in depth critique of a writing sample I needed for my graduate school applications”
She gave detailed and comprehensive notes that genuinely helped me know exactly what I needed to fix in my works and the steps to go about doing that. She’s fair, but tough. She won’t sugar coat anything but also critiques in a way where you won’t want to throw your entire manuscript away. Would highly recommend! 5/5 stars.
Cassidy Wells, YouTuber and Student