If you need to eat, but have no energy or get overwhelmed at the thought of preparing food, here is a list that might help.
Eat As Is
- Deli meat/pre-cooked meats
- Nuts and seeds
- Dried fruit and fruit leather (Raisins, Dates, Apricot, Figs, etc.)
- Baby carrots
- Granola bars
Just Add A Spoon
- Peanut butter
- This is a very calorie dense food – 100 calories per tablespoon
- Cottage cheese
- Apple sauce
- Fruit cups
Just Add A Cup/Drink As Is
- Fruit juice
- Yogurt drinks
- Meal replacement drinks
Wash and Eat
- Raw vegetables
- Bell peppers
Peel and Eat
Just Add Hot Water
- Add 1.5 times as much boiled water as couscous. Cover container and let sit for 5 minutes. That’s it.
- Instant Oats
- ½ cup oats in a bowl, add 1 cup boiled water, let sit 5 min. Add toppings or sweetener if you want
- To Hard Boil: cover eggs with water in pot, bring to boil, boil for 8-10 minutes, scoop eggs into cold water and peel.
- To Poach: bring water to a boil, turn down heat, crack eggs directly into water and scoop out after 3-8 minutes depending on how cooked you want the yolk
- Frozen veggies
- Pour boiled water over a bowl of your veg, wait 2 minutes, strain
- Instant noodles
- Instructions on package
- Frozen perogies/dumplings
- Add to a pot of boiling water, cook until they float
Microwave and Eat
- fresh soy beans, can be sprinkled with salt or dipped in sauces
- Ready meals
- frozen or previously prepared
- Scrambled eggs
- crack egg into a cup, stir it up (add a splash of milk, salt and pepper if you want), microwave for 45 seconds, stir, microwave another 30-45 seconds. Top with anything you want, or nothing
- Canned baked beans
- Cereal and milk
- Pre-packaged salad kits
- frozen fruit and milk if you have a blender
- Canned meat – Tuna, Salmon, etc.
- Drain and eat. Add mayo or veggies if you want
- Pre-sliced bagels and cream cheese/peanut butter/butter, etc.
Realistically, it doesn’t matter if you eat these in the proper way, so long as you’re getting nutrients. If you need to eat right off the cheese block, drink from the carton, etc. it’s not the end of the world (especially if you live on your own). You don’t have to slice up your veggies or fruit, just consume them however you need to. The goal is to give your body fuel to keep going.
That’s all I’ve got for you today! I hope some of this is helpful for you ^_^